View Single Post
Amyjay
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2019 at 11:22 PM

I hope your therapy session was helpful, FearLess.
Isn't it so weird how dissociation works? We too have an alter who is artistic and musical, and we also feel like we simply cannot do the artworks that "she" has done. She has given a lot of artworks and creations as gifts to others over the years and I can't tell you how many times we have admired some possession of somebodys only for them to say some version of "Whatever do you mean - YOU made that, don't you remember??!" We know the cause of this (dissociation and amnesia between alters) but we still find it completely baffling. We marvel at the workings of the mind that allow us to have absolutely no memory of the making of the thing or even seeing it before, and yet we don't believe the people that have said this to us are lying. It's just baffling. Not in a bad way - we just find it utterly and completely fascinating.

@Betty_Banana, you give us hope that one day we might actually be able to discover and utilize the one artistic bone in the body!

There's a lot more than could be discussed about your post here, Fearless. I relate to a lot of what you wrote. I will return later.
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FearLess47

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana, FearLess47