View Single Post
justbreathe1994

Member Since Dec 2015
123 hugs
given
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannahsays View Post
I think if you were in a healthy/solid place, seeing your ex therapist again would no longer be important to you. She would be irrelevant to your life. That is what I honestly think.
I see what you are saying and lots have people have told me that. I honestly don’t know for sure whether it will still be important to me. Perhaps, with more objectivity of the relationship/situation, I won’t want to see her again. Perhaps I will never feel confident in myself to be okay with seeing her and be worried that I’d fall right back into obsessiveness again.

However, right now, I think I will always want to see her again. She knew me from the inside out and I felt a level of intimacy with her that I have never felt with anyone. We worked so close, so hard, and a genuine bond developed that I think will always be there. My hunch is that I will always want to see her and be able to have a normal positive conversation simply for the sake of closure. I know that deep down, that should come from within me regardless of whether she is willing to be a part of it or not. If it comes down to it, maybe I will have to accept I may not got the closure I had hoped for. However, it would be very meaningful to me if she was open to being a part of it because I will always deeply care about her and treasure the connection we had. I just wish I didn’t have to look back on our last interaction with memories of me being totally disregulated, in shock, angry, devestated, traumatized, etc. I am not saying that I don’t deserve to feel that way or that she’s responsible for alleviating those feelings. I just think that if it was possible, if she was open to it, it would mean so much to me and would of course help me in moving on.
justbreathe1994 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous47147, LonesomeTonight, Sheffield