View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 08:31 AM

First off do they have an office you can stop by while you are at the university? That way you could personally talk to them about setting up the appointments & not leave it to an impersonal email.

I like to talk directly to people because I get immediate results that way & know exactly where I stand.

As for your parents they sound a lot like mine were. My did didn't even think I should go to collegs & no one in my family had gone to college so they were the last ones in the world I would even talk to about direction & career questions. My future path was MY RESPONSIBILITY not theirs & I had to do what was necessary for me. Even if I was living in their house.....my future plans & directions were not their business during my planning because they had nothing valuable to offer in that area of my life.

There is this "need to know" concept that I tend to use as a guideline. If what I am doing has no effect of someone's life they have "NO need to know" & I am not responsible to tell anyone anything that they have no need to know. That definitely includes parents. It is also called learning to be & act as an independent adult. Yes we need to seek out the people who know about what we need to discuss....that is being wise....because some decisions we can't make totally independently if we don't have tge information....but it us tge "knowing"people we seek out & leave the others out of the process.

In other words you don't owe your parents any explanation at all at this point in your life

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Mopey

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Mopey