View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 09:06 AM

I guess there are two ways of looking at it. In regards to marriage I guess it has to do with your relationship and love and maybe..infidelity? (someone please shed light on that)
What I am talking about though is roughly every 7 years "they" say your body/mind goes through a change. In some cases its drastic and it can be brought about by a huge, dramatic or traumatic event- or just like metamorphosis you go from a caterpillar to a butterfly. And your new butterfly is woke- and ready for new things with an outlook on life that is very different than you used to be.

I used to think this was hooey and I heard it as a teen and young adult- but its really been true for me. Not exactly 7 years to the day but roughly every 7 years I change-hard times and good times. My trip through alcoholism was 7 years- sobriety has been nearly 7 years. I am not the same. I swear even on a forum I belong to if you look at my old posts you would be like "what is this drunk talking about?"

My marriage shifted when I got sober, my husband had to learn about his new wife and how to relate to her. He was sometimes jealous of my meetings. One night we had a talk and I told him he has to grow with me or grow apart and he grew with me.
My body has changed every 7 years- primarily weight loss but 7 years later I developed an autoimmune disease. 7 years after that I ended up having 4 surgeries in a year and a half. I am not obsessed with numbers or the number 7 and I am perfectly ok with it being coincidence. Nothing magical needs to explain it. It doesnt need to be divine fate or destiny. I was just curious about what other people thought.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote