Moose72
Silver Swan

Moose72 has no updates.

15 yr Member
2,511 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 09:14 AM

Hi all. I usually post on the bipolar board but my pdoc changed her mind after years and said Im sza. I do have psychosis outside of mood episodes.

Today, I feel ramped up but sick. Ramped up like Im revving my engine but am in park. I have this nauseated almost-dizzy type feeling. No more coffee than usual- ate breakfast with my coffee...

I, too, can't keep up on housework. I'll go in fits where I run around cleaning for hours, but other days I can 't even sleep with sheets on my bed- they're crumpled under the comforter at the end of the bed.

Lately, I've been posting in my bipolar blog (link in signature) - my pdoc thinks that's always a bad sign when I do that, but I've had so many awesome ideas and discoveries, I have to get them down. The last week, I figured out why and how antipsychotics are killing me.

With or without meds, I still hallucinate, have delusions, get hypo/mania and sometimes depression. (Recently, I thought people were in my walls so I hid under the covers in my room. Yes I did - at 47!) Meds have trashed my physical health over the years. I have a list "this long" from a checkout report after I saw my primary doctor recently. It includes my "list of complaints"- all the things wrong with me currently- all of my current diagnoses. To read it, you'd think "Geeze! Why hasn't she just dropped dead already?" I attribute these back to one thing: psych meds. (Obese, high blood pressure, high blood sugar... )For instance, lithium carbonate trashed my thyroid. I now have big nodules, hypothyroidism and a metabolism that's in the toilet. Moreover, Zyprexa gave me fatty liver disease and by the time we found it, it was pretty advanced. I'm desperately trying to diet and exercise to reverse this- but its still there and Ive been off zyprexa for quite a bit now.

These are not all my complaints but today I really don't feel good physically- haven't for several days.

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1, Sometimes psychotic