Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post

Sounds like they NEVER really comprehended the project. Maybe they are capable of doing things they have done before, not a new challenge they really don't understand. Kinda like they can't learn anything new or new concepts.

Yep....time to get rid of them & find a PR firm that can actually communicate their understanding rather than just say they do.

Ugh, I lived with a H who was like that way too long. Told him things & he would say he understood but bottom line he never had a clue let alone any understanding. Impossible to work with companies like that where their need is critical.
I'm not event kidding, she sent me a pitch document with the wrong name of the disease area. When I politely corrected it, she told me she got it from some articles she read online about it. My thought instantly was "we've published 100 research articles in peer reviewed journals on this. Did you read any of those? Did you look at what it's called on our website?"

My boss had done this self recorded intro video that was authentic and open and warm and inviting. They pushed us to reshoot it. And they directed it. And they made her look terrible. And I dont know how you do that. This woman is the expert in the field. The expert. Nationally and internationally. And she is lovely and authentic and warm. They over directed her and made her look like a novice.

I need to put my foot down. Honestly if I say flat out "we're wasting money..let's cut our losses. We've learned a few things, that's great. Let's move on" i think they all listen.

It's costing us more staff time to work with them than what we are getting out of it.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover