View Single Post
Anonymous40258
Anonymous40258 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 27, 2019 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightWhistle View Post
Everybody has had thoughts of punching someone in the face or killing them when they piss us off but it doesn't mean that we're going to act on it. Just remember where these thoughts are coming from and don't acknowledge them as anything more than just thoughts.

A cognitive behavioral therapist can teach you that whenever you have these hostile thoughts, you can train you mind to transform the negative thought into a positive one. For example, every time you think of killing someone after they make you angry, you can think "I am calm, I am grateful, I am a good person, and they have no power over me."
A very serious subject, I think this response is a winner. Not to mention, there are both serious consequences for law breaking, including life-long imprisonment and a sentence to a world of violence. Understanding that a common figure of speech is "Oh, I'll kill 'em," or "drop dead", another one I have heard recently, "Go play in traffic," are taken lightly because most people do not harbor intention to harm. But I agree, a therapist can teach how to retrain your thought patterns to allow your mind to let go of those sayings and those feelings, and can teach how to redirect your thoughts into more production actions.

Recently, I have watched Santa Clarita Diet, a Netflix program, which explores the daily struggles of how we deal with the people we surround ourselves with and "killing" and potentially "eating" those who get in our way. A fun plight on living with zombies and what it is like to be the walking dead, also a light time-waster.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky