View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2019 at 09:45 AM

Hi, well I'm on my third week of this virus thing. The doc inspected my lungs and throat and confirms that it's a virus. She said that the exhaustion may last from 4 to 6 weeks. I don't have a respiratory infection but we should do a fasting blood test to make sure. Viruses used to be better in 9 days, not?

The worst is that I get two-three days free of symptoms then the streaming nose and exhaustion come back. I am furious with the woman who infected me, mainly because she was joking that she went on to stay with another friend and he got very sick indeed 2 days after her visit. My fury is based on the fact that I ask visitors to be careful of infecting me because with my asthma condition, cold viruses can escalate fast into emergency situations. I'm angry that she wasn't being careful about washing up properly and sneezing into handkerchief. I'm angry that I did so much work to host her visit and I'm left with a disaster situation... because moving house means a lot of travelling and focused negotiations. This has gone on so much longer than I expected and when the symptoms hit again I started crying. I have a lot on my shoulders.

Plus today I was in a street market and my purse was stolen. I am usually very careful but I'm pushing myself to eat healthy through this exhaustion and I realise now that someone distracted me intentionally. Only money - no credit cards, but it added to my rage at feeling so overwhelmed with exhaustion.

I don't remember feeling this long term exhausted since I was in my late twenties - then it was due to stress, suppressed PTSD and bad diet.

I'm posting here because - breathe! - I am angry, panicked, and at my wits end. To make matters worse our local bus service to the supermarket has been on diversion not going through my neighbourhood for two weeks so I have to walk two/ three miles to do every darn thing. Carrying shopping.

I'm also angry because this last visitor "forgot" to give me back my house keys, even though I reminded her. Why am I always the "responsible adult" even when I'm very sick? Whinge!

I know this is whingeing and that I'm lucky to still be in relative good health at my age. I do seem to be someone who shoulders responsibility. So far the removal plans are going ok, but I still have so much to organise. It's a long distance move, and I've lived in my current home for two decades.

I need to keep a track on the psych drama of all this - because illness NEVER happened in my growing up family. The only time I was off school sick was when I collapsed with peritonitis and had to be forcibly revived in the emergency room. Later as an adult I got to take two days off work with high temperature but never more than that. Prolonged illness always freaks my coping strategies, and that's without having to organise building works in my new distant home and house clearance in the old one.

Plus having my freaking purse stolen the one moment that because of illness I am less vigilant!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find the sane place inside me, so I'm off to buy some ginger and apple juice to replace my usual tea and coffee drinks.
Saidso

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Goforward, IowaFarmGal, Travelinglady