View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2019 at 07:57 PM

yesterday I fasted. I couldn't go to sleep until about 7am today. I remember having sleep issues during other fasts too. I think fasting affects my sleep and sleep hygiene, maybe because I have difficulty sleeping on an empty stomach.

I also feel really hungry today. maybe this is because of the calorie shortage that I predicted before.

All of these events can be a consequence of the fact that I honestly went 24 hours without food. this was a true 24-hour fast, unlike previous "fasts" where my mom fortunately shared some food with me.

Well the lack of sleep stressed me out today. So I ended up buying cookies. Pretty much reversed my efforts of saving money from the fast.

It's important that I get sleep on weekends because mom usually plays loud electronics or gives me chores all day. So fasting on Friday won't be wise, if I'm not getting adequate sleep. A lack of food isn't hard to adapt to, but adding a lack of sleep can really hurt my productivity, sleep hygiene, and health. I tend to get more agitated when lacking sleep.

So instead of fasting on Friday, it might be best for me to fast on Tuesday. I tend to have better sleep and sleep opportunities on weekdays.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote