View Single Post
Gr3tta_0
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
857 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 12:26 AM

@possum- I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the particular medicine. I think if you just happen to also have a cold after starting it, you should definitely report these symptoms as possible side effects. I hope you can tolerate the medicine and see good results!

My wife has continued to suffer greatly. She now has a g tube for draining from the stomach, and a j tube. The j tube is for continuous feeding, and all medications, including PRN'S, which she cannot do on her own. It involves stopping the feed, crushing the meds in a grinding style crusher, mixing the powdered meds with water, feeding the meds through the tube with a large syringe. Hopefully they go with gravity. If not, you need to unplug things with flushes and suction, get meds poured back out so they're not wasted, etc. It's a process. The get rehooked up and restart the feed.
This is all due to advanced gastroparethsis caused by type 1 diabetes. Gastroparethsis has many other causes. My wife's condition is further complicated by End Stage Renal Disease. Also caused by type 1 diabetes. (Although ESRD can be caused by many factors, including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, drug abuse, physical injury, birth defects, the list goes on...)
Gr3tta_0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Marylin, possum220, unaluna