5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
@sarahsweets

Thanks for your reply. I hope I'm understanding your post. (If not, please forgive me.) As you probably already know, until just a couple of days ago, this forum was the Transgender forum. So it was all about gender orientation. It has now been broadened to include all groups who would fall within the LGBTQ+ community. Gender orientation still fits within it. It is the T within LGBTQ+.

I think the point of Ember_42's post was that there are groups who sometimes get left out such as persons who are intersex or asexual as well as others. They don't have a letter in LGBTQ. Rather, they would be subsumed within the "+". But, as it stands now, it doesn't say that anywhere. So, if I were a person who was intersex, for example, I might come to this forum but not be sure if it was okay for me to post here or not. A "sticky" would be a way of clarifying who is included within the "+" in LGBTQ+. Of course, a member can always personal message a moderator. But that requires an additional step & would take time. So what I was thinking was simply that listing the groups who could post here, in a sticky, might be a way of clarifying who is included within the "+".

Beyond that, I do apologize but I was unclear with regard to your point about: "Invalidating, marginalizing, trolling, flaming,evangelizing,political, religious rights,approval, disapproval, ethics, debating the "truth"about anyone in that section." None of those sorts of things are allowed anywhere here on PC to my knowledge. So they certainly would not be allowable here in the LGBTQ+ forum.

P.S. "Cis-gender" is a term that is used to refer to people whose gender orientation matches their assigned gender at birth, which typically matches their reproductive anatomy. (In other words if a person has male anatomy, & he identities as male, then he's cis-gendered. On the other hand, if a person has male anatomy, but identifies as female, then he (or "she" depending on the person's preferred pronouns) would be transgender. At least that is the way I understand it. But I have to say that, like you, I'm not all that familiar with all of the different gender identity & sexual orientation "labels" that I see in use either or all of the different pronouns people prefer. (Am I making any sense here... or am I just rambling?) Anyway, thanks so much for your reply to my post.
I feel really dumb now. I thought the transgender forum had to do only with transitioning people. And I am sorry I misunderstood. I also get that none of the stuff I mentioned is ok I just thought the question was about if anything should be specifically spelled out. My apologies.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote