Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogenheap View Post
hi everyone i don't really know why im posting this.
i guess i'm just so lonely and don't know how to better it or myself and cant seem to find connection with anyone around me /not even really the people i'd call friends.

i feel like maybe connecting with ppl who feel the same might help for me, so i guess that's why i'm here.. not sure.

i've been dealing with depression for like ten years now i guess and everytime when i think im at the lowest of the low points, it will just feel even worse some time after. i'm in i think one of the worst moods ever at the moment, just so clueless, self-hating, insecure, not knowing who i am, so flipping lonely, no support system, and recently moved into a new house with an unknown roommate who always seems to have people visiting and sleeping in our living room for months on end.

at home i just wan't to be alone i guess, but never am, but i want to do things with others outside, but don't have the right people to do it with. there's just so much going on that i don't even really know where to start and don't really see how things will ever get better i i just don't know what to do.

im sorry for posting this here, and i dont want sympathy i just want i dont even know what i want i just want to feel better, and be able to make friends so please share any tips you have or what has helped you pull through it or anything if you want. im sorry and thank you
Honestly, I went through depression for 30yrs .. came out of it for 2yrs .. had some mild cases in there that lasted a few days or maybe a week - (which seems to be acceptable anyway) - but now, I am back in full blown depression.

None of the things I used back then are helping me now.

Back then things that worked were:

Cedarwood essential oil (for the dissociation when I got too depressed)
Lavender essential oil (to relax me, for anxiety, for insomnia)
Rose essential oil (for depression)
Walking (for depression and anxiety)
Certain foods
Certain vitamins
Exercises (when walking wasn't available)
Sunlight (for depression)
Playing with, petting, loving on my dogs (for depression)
Muscle relaxation
Visualization
Diaphragm breathing
Writing poetry
Listening to music

I didn't use everything everyday. I used some of them only when needed, others daily - and sometimes, I forgot to do my daily ones.

Foods n vitamins are daily
Playing with, petting, loving on dogs was daily
Walking (or exercise + sunlight) was fairly

The rest were as needed.

As far as social things like what you are going through.. what I had to do in past, was evaluate all my relationships (friends and family alike) and decide which were healthy n which were unhealthy. Of the unhealthy ones - I had to decide which ones to limit the contact and which ones to sever contact altogether. The ones I decided to limit .. I had to decide how to limit each one (there was no set rule - each relationship was its own so limitations were different too).

It sounds like you either need to move out or kick your roommate out (not sure who ownership is or name on lease is). As far as your friends - go through them like I said, and make new ones .. then refilter as needed. I have very few friends and atm they have turned on me (as has everyone else) - but generally they are loyal and good friends (most are online tho). It's not the number of friends you have or even where (or how far from you) they are - its how much you can trust them n depend on them to be there for you n vice versa n laugh with n get advice from n tell secrets to n etc. So - if in your analysis of your longer friendships they fail in those things, those are "unhealthy". If they also make you feel unhealthy in any way - the relationship is unhealthy.

This is how I did things. I hope it helps.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, imogenheap, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
imogenheap