seesaw
Human

seesaw grieving

8 yr Member
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2019 at 09:31 AM

Seriously irritated. I sent my invoice to the person responsible for processing it. Apparently she had a few questions, but instead of just asking me, she sends a long email to the President and Artistic Director with all her questions, etc., and turns my invoice and proof of work into a community discussion. I responded that the invoice was processed on a certain date, and most of her questions pertain to activity that happened after that date, and that in the future, I'd appreciate it if she'd address these questions to me first.

She apologized as did the Artistic Director, but this is like the third time in a week that this group has done stuff like this, where they need to just pick up the phone and ask me a question and instead they run away with something and I have to deal with fixing it or addressing something blown out of proportion. And yes, it is threatening and upsetting to have three people commenting on my invoice, especially when I'm not happy with the contract as it currently stands (due to some new developments) and I am going to restructure the contract with them or quit. (And I've already tried to quit twice.)

Honestly, they are **** at communicating, and it's making things very frustrating for me, along with their disorganization. I don't have time for poor communication or disorganization, especially when it creates more work for me.

I keep trying to remember that it's a relatively easy side contract, and it's mostly just the headache of their disorganization that bothers me, and not any real problems with getting the work done. I think I will set up a filter on my inbox to make their emails go to a special folder that I can check at my leisure instead of having to deal with as they come in. I have difficulty NOT seeing messages in my inbox, but if it filters to their special folder, I will see there are new messages but be able to deal with them when I can be patient with them and not trying to deal with my life.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna