Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogenheap View Post
Thank you all so much, it helps just knowing that i'm not alone i guess, but i do feel sorry for all of you, i don't wish anyone to have to go through this ever at all

i wish to be able to make new friends, but it's so difficult for me. i've been going to meet up groups and tyring to get myself out there, but i never really find a connection with anyone. i already had to cut off one friendship in particular, and dealing with my family is something i can't handle right now, but i still feel so guilty and start doubting myself if im making the right choice etc etc etc. since i m really only feeling worse and still haven't made any new friends.

thank you crypts of the mind, i think i will be looking into moving out and finding a place for just me, if i can afford it, so that i can hold myself fully accountable for how i feel and what i do, and don't have to be scared to go the kitchen in order to avoid ppl lol.

i hope i will be able to start seeing the light or to just keep hope that things can get better than this. thank you all for your support and kind words and truly helfpul tips. i really hope everyone in here will be able to pull themselves out of it.
You're welcome. I'm just glad any of what I said was beneficial to you. ❤

Sincerely though, don't focus so much on how many friends you have (or even if you have friends at all). Focus instead on yourself. What pleases you about yourself? What doesn't? How can you change those things that don't?

Also think in terms of this .. what things can I do that make me happy to be me? What can I do that makes me happy and just passes time? What things make me sad or otherwise hurt me to do? What things can I do by myself and be happy with who I am? What things can I do by myself and pass time? What things make me sad or otherwise hurt me to do by myself?

Then you know more about yourself n can make a happier you - one you can be proud of. People are naturally attracted to people with a good self esteem and at least content some of the time (most of us in here have an issue with being dep most of the time with low self esteem). So - once you have that, you won't have to focus on making friends ppl will want to be your friend. You will just need to focus on evaluating good friendships from bad - and even if you end up by yourself again for awhile, you will now know how to be happy while alone, so it won't matter. ❤

A friend of mine taught me this when I was recovering from abuse. It worked. Right now I am not sure why I am going through depression again, but I know sooner or later I will find my way back out.

All of us here will - if we put in the effort n have the patience. ❤

Hugs from:
Thirty shades