View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 29, 2019 at 03:56 PM

Hi Sunshinesworld. Though I'm happy for you that you lost some weight, I'm sorry you had to learn in a slightly hard way that medications are indeed generally necessary for people with bipolar disorder. Was it not possible for you to convince your doctor to switch from Zyprexa to a more weight friendly medication, instead of quitting meds altogether?

I am a little concerned. Did you just up and start 200 mg of Lamictal on your own? 0 mg to 200 mg? No titrating up? I assume you know that that can be risky with Lamictal. Lamictal, specifically, is generally started at a very low dose and increased gradually to prevent the possibility of the dangerous SJS rash. Please be very observant if you notice any sign of rash. If you do, that must be looked into immediately. Immediately! Did your psychiatrist suggest you get back on Lamictal again? It's very dangerous to play doctor to oneself with prescription medications. Sorry that this sounds like a lecture. I'm only sharing based on the lessons I've learned the hard way in the past. The very hard way!

I hope you will be open to your psychiatrist's medication suggestion(s). If you liked Risperdal, I hope you tell the psychiatrist that, along with your concern about your past history of hypomania while on it.

From my experience, it is possible that your experience with Risperdal will be slightly different a second time around than the first.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Jedi67

Thanks for this!
Jedi67