View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 30, 2019 at 08:13 AM

My department is completely dog-eat-dog these days, Sisabel. Sadly, our manager has created and encourages this sort of environment.

At this point, I hide my knowledge of some things or only share it with the few people I like. If not I'd get constant requests to help do other people's work and that would affect my production, which is all that matters to our boss. Unfortunately, at a training meeting the other day the editor let it slip that I speak Portuguese (we work with Brazil at times). Of course, one co-worker chimed in, “great, now I know who to ask for help with Brazil. Grrrr!
-----------------
Another thing related to the original post. I have actual editorial experience. We are short on editors because a freelancer left and no replacement has been brought on, plus the other freelancer isn’t working much these days. My boss picks up the slack when she can, but she’s out a lot and there is no contingency plan.
I would be able to learn and help out with editing without any problems, but you know she’d NEVER ask me. Even when our previous editor went on vacation she asked other people, not me. I wonder if it is because she’s worried I’d do a better job.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643