View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Apr 30, 2019 at 09:18 AM

When I read the thread headline I immediately thought of physical or emotional threats - which I have faced. But this is an interesting discussion too.

I once had a very poor review when I was in the military. I had been having problems with this immediate chain of command for sometime. The ironic thing was that the same year I received the lowly review I had been awarded with a Governor General's (Canadian) award for outstanding military and civilian service. I was so upset. I submitted a grievance regarding the performance evaluation in which I was able to document numerous examples of Superior work and achievements. I had documentation to support these claims. My supervisor and officer had no choice but to change my PER from poor to superior. And, while I got the promotion I deserved they got chastised and written up for their harassment and dishonesty. Interestingly enough, the officer later had a Human Rights investigation on him which he was found guilty of harassing a civilian employee.

I relate this story to show that there ought to be some manner of dealing with this to your benefit. Take time to write out solid examples which demonstrate the good and superior work you perform. Open the discussion with either your boss's boss or ultimately your Human Resources department. Do not be afraid of any recrimination from him for doing so. He ought not to dare as it would be illegal and grounds for immediate dismissal.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643