View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default Apr 30, 2019 at 02:53 PM

I'm considering not fasting anymore. A long time ago, I considered fasting. But I decided to not do so because I believe my body requires a daily minimum amount of calories. So even if I fast, I would probably end up spending more money or buying more food when not fasting, to compensate for the days of fast.

I also didn't want to fast because my mom requires me to do chores at unpredictable times. She's getting old and more needy. It's not fun to lift things and do strenuous activities with no calories. It's very stressful. And to avoid my mom, sometimes I walk to the library: but when I fast, I'm suppose to be as dormant as possible, to conserve calories and energy. So whether I'm doing chores or dodging chores, I do activity with no calories. Doing activities, with no food, can even lead to my injury.

The only reason I began fasting was because it seemed like a quick way to fix my food budget. And it probably is, without mom. But if I can't fast, how am I to handle my food budget? Well i have 2 plans. I can go to local churches for food or I can re-apply for food benefits. The church idea sounds less practical: they might be hesitant to give me food because I don't have my own family. Some churches expect to be feeding families, and probably not individuals. I can still try though.

The latter plan would be my re-applying for food benefits. When my food stamp was being reviewed, I couldn't prove that I was paying 400$ for rent, because the room rent lease was expired and I would have had to ask mom for a letter. Mom was likely to not give or sign any letter, just like how she didn't help me secure food stamp when I was first applying.

But this time, I can probably present some ultimatum or deal. I will request her to sign papers confirming her rent requirements. If she refuses, I will inform her that my inability to prove rent expenses might lower my other expense-dependent benefits, as those social service providers might assume I'm not paying rent. Then I will pay 300$ instead of 400$ for rent, until she signs the papers. I can use the extra 100$ to feed myself.

I'll try the church idea first though, as there's not much guarantee that the government will feed me.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote