View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 30, 2019 at 05:22 PM

I have never read or written a review about a site like this. I do often look for reviews for products and services. I agree with the one poster that said that angry people more often write reviews than satisfied people. There are usually a couple raving reviews about products/services (some of which may or may not be written by the owner's sibling) and plenty of negative ones, but few in-betweens.

Some reviews are fairly accurate. Amazon, TripAdvisor, and Google reviews are often fairly reliable. That is mostly because people get emails sent to them asking for reviews. Some people just plain like writing, so are happy to quickly write a review when asked for. I'm one of those types. But to have to go out of your way to write a review, you usually have to have a grievance or super wonderful experience.

I've looked up reviews for my psychiatrist. I happen to adore the man. Most were very good, but one woman was so unhappy with him that she referred to him as "Hitler". That was funny! Actually, I have a feeling I know what potentially inspired her anger, but I've known him so many years (15) that I know his *****. I've even frequently chided him for things. He's sometimes a grumpy old stiff wet blanket, but also has a very soft side to him.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote