View Single Post
Martha2019

Member Since Apr 2019
1 hugs
given
Default May 01, 2019 at 05:16 AM

So, who else rises before the sun peeks over the horizon? Or, who has been awake all night...for whatever reason?

It was six weeks yesterday that I tore my LCL (muscle running alongside knee). It is still healing (huge knot on the side of my knee that swells when I am on my feet too long). So, no surgery (wouldn't help anyway), but doctor recommends RICE (Rest Ice Compression Exercise). Yeah, that would work if I could 'rest', but I have to be on my feet too much. At least, I am now hobbling without the crutches or cane. Actually, I hope to plant my veggie garden today (only about 6 weeks later than I had hoped) - tomatoes, corn, squash, peppers.

Finally had to succumb to hiring a lawn service to mow my front yard. I live on a steep incline, and I had the fear of falling down it with my knee in the shape that it is. So, after 38 years of mowing it myself with a push mower, I had to admit that I just couldn't anymore (with my knee in the shape that it is.) Maybe, I could just kill the grass and put in mulch on the lower part.

Anyway, those are the thoughts that have been running through my mind since 3 am.

Have a great day, everyone.
Martha2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IowaFarmGal, IrisBloom, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
IowaFarmGal, Travelinglady