View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

WishfulThinker66 has no updates.

5 yr Member
117 hugs
given
Default May 03, 2019 at 09:50 AM

First off, despite my own higher education, I couldn't get through your opening post. In fact, the first thoughts that went through my mind were; just who are you trying to impress? And this certainly didn't impress the Dean's office. I think you did yourself great dis-service.

Is it possible to enter a grievance on this? If so, my recommendation is to prepare by keeping your argument short, to the point, and free of emotion. Offer up concise points with references to proof examples and documented facts. Your summary provided in the grievance should be no more than a page long - if even that. Do not digress into other arguments; stick with the one at hand.

Frankly, I couldn't even discern your argument. I have the impression though there is a past here involving unprofessional conduct - academic or otherwise.

In academia you reap what you sow. There then is more to the story here.

I should point out my father is an academic administrator - principal and Chancellor of a university, and a professor of philosophy specializing in the field of ethics. Oh the stories I have heard - including many pertaining to students lodging grievances based on a sense of entitlement and an unwavering notion they are owed something when in fact they did not earn it.

Which comes to my final point, which as an ethics student you should understand. The end does not justify the means. You must earn it.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
divine1966, piggy momma, seesaw