Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2019 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out There View Post
I've just read another " call out " review for the place I had such a bad experience. The lack of integrity is sickening , people will just not trust if this sort of thing is allowed to continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out There View Post
. . . And it all should be reported.
But will they ever care? From this recent article;

A Deeper Dive into System Change in the Mental Health Paradigm - Mad In America

Quote:
. . .be prepared for subtle and not-so-subtle discrimination—unspoken is sometimes most powerful—”once a mental patient, always a mental patient.” I heard just this week a mid-level manager state that many people believe “most advocate leaders are really personality disordered, not mentally ill.” We have to find ways to manage the totally justified anger you already have or will feel. In dealing directly with those in power, be aware that they will overinflate any anger they sense from you and become more defensive than ever. Not that anger should never be shown, but it’s probably best tied to stories of actual abuse, physical and emotional.
So very, very sucks. We get "well" enough to experience the justifiable anger, and then are dismissed because of that very thing! We just have to get "weller" than them. . . somehow. . .But as difficult as it seems, accepting that reality kind of helps, in a way.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, Out There