zapatoes Looking for my way

5 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2019 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdiva42 View Post
Hi, i am new here but i dont have this diagnosis although this is totally me, i stay at home 24/7 and isolate myself from people.
I am scared of talking to people because i feel they are better than me and i cannot compare myself to them. People know how to talk and socialize, i mean i can type here on this computer but if i was in person it would be very scary for me to stand in front of any of you and tell you how i feel i fit this diagnosis.
I know no one but a professional can diagnosis me but i stay away from people for fear of rejection, its just easier to be by mysef. Can anyone tell me if these are the main traids of this disorder and if i am lacking in anything? i am thinking of going back to my therapist and telling her my findings so they can dianose me. Thanks tons to anyone who can offer any advice for me.
Sorry you are feeling this way. Did you have friends in school growing up. Its so much easier making friends when you are a kid, a teenager or even 20 something years old. Still I keep trying and go to meetups to meet people and sometimes hit off and have fun and other times not as much. I mean I’m quiet usually, but enjoy one on one conversations or one with no more than 4 to 6 persons, the less the better. In the past I was diagnosed with social anxiety and avoidant traits. Good luck and keep taking small steps towards making friends, it’s not always easy, but it’s worth it.
zapatoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
stahrgeyzer