View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2019 at 02:09 PM

I am wondering if anyone has had any kind of experience with meal subscription boxes.

I am looking at something like this for my father and step-mother. My father has always done the shopping and cooking. Frankly, I am thinking his girlfriend is bulimic and has no clue. Dad has taken ill and has dropped a considerable amount of weight. He just hasn't been able to do all of the cooking and besides, he has had his license temporarily taken away until his condition improves. My step-mom is a wonderful lady and I am glad my dad has her but she is completely inept when it comes to food. I was horrified to discover the fridge full of meal replacement shakes. I live three hours away so it is not like I can make and deliver meals. My son, God bless him, takes a hot lunch by 1 - 2 times a week.

So, in our worry, my boyfriend and I are wondering if these meals in a box thing would help the situation. It certainly solves the problem of grocery shopping. How hard are the meals though to prepare? Is this the sort of thing someone who really never cooks can prepare? Are the recipes simple and easy to follow along? And, if my stepmom can't be bothered to do it, would it take my father a great deal of effort to do so?

I realise we can't name companies and brands but I assume they are all pretty much the same. If you then are able to help me out - even with a generalised review - I would really appreciate it. Second hand stories are welcome too.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote