View Single Post
Lilfae

Member Since May 2018
143 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2019 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
Hey! I actually just downloaded the free version of Welltory (thanks again for mentioning it) and tried a reading.

Very cool! Most of my parameters look good, which is surprising (I've been feeling a little sick the last few days). Though there's one that's low (parasympathetic nervous system, which could indicate chronic stress - ha! That totally tracks!)

I'm guessing that it's more accurate after you do it for several days, so that it can learn your baseline. But seeing so much that looked fairly good is actually helping me right now - I've been really anxious about the sick feelings, and this is helping relieve some of that.

Thanks!
That's great! Of course, if it would only make you more stressed it wouldn't be any point. I'm trying to find out about what makes me better and what makes me worse. It has also motivated me to get better sleeping habits. And you know, just focusing on these somatic health parameters feels so much easier to handle than the psychological issues. Something that can actually be measured, and that I can take to the doctor and say, hey, this is how my body functions, can we do something about it? It also makes it a little bit easier to handle the relation to people around me: Research shows that trauma/anxiety/depression does something with your brain that disrupts the balance of the autonomic nervous system. It's not just me being weak, and it's not something I can just snap out of. It's real, and it shows so clearly why I'm so tired all the time. For others, their sypathetic nervous system works hard when they work out etc, and afterwards their parasympathetic nervous system makes them relax and regenerate. My sympathetic nervous system is working hard _all the time_, and my repressed parasympathetic nervous system has a hard time gathering strenght for my body. I feel like this makes me a bit more confident.
Lilfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche