View Single Post
Lilfae

Lilfae has no updates.

5 yr Member
143 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2019 at 01:22 PM

So cool that you find it interesting! No one I've mentioned it to has seemed to know about it. About the accuracy, Welltory claims that it is quite accurate, but that measuring with a camera is very sensitive to movements, so that you can get false results if you move too much. What I'm thinking - and what Welltory says as well - is that it's more than good enough to assess your own health, and to look at what can help you get better, either what you're aiming for is athletics or general health. And if your readings give reason to worry, you can take it to your doctor, who can help understand the different readings better, and, if needed, refer you to more accurate medical check-ups. So I would agree with your friend, I guess.

I have the paid version, and feel it's well worth it for me personally. I use it to help myself get more aware of my body and my mood, and to start respecting my body and care about myself. I've been so self distructive for about as long as I can remember, and just haven't cared at all about my health and safety. So an investment in my physical and mental health, basically. In the paid version you keep having access to your results, and you can set up all kinds of different charts, so you can see how for instance your energy level relates to your stress levels. As well as how it varies over time. You can also connect it to other apps or health trackers, to see how your sleep or number of steps a day affects you. I feel like my fitbit makes welltory more useful, and that welltory makes my fitbit more useful. Geees, you'd think I'm advertising or something, lol, but it really interests me, and I find it so helpful.

I don't know much about all those different things that are measured, though, or what the numbers mean, so I just go by the green/yellow/red and the recommendations. I've googled it a bit, but I have trouble remembering what is what, lol. But I love reading about the brain! :-)

I'll get back to sharing my results later :-)
Lilfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche