View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM

I know what you mean about keeping moving back with parents as an absolute last option. I was the same way, and there was no estrangement in my family either. So I lived in some really, really low rent apartments. I've even lived in furnished rooms at times. Humble digs, to be sure - but the room was mine. I would look for the cheapest accommodations I could find because I was afraid of being in the situation you're in. Even when I had very good paying jobs, I kept my overhead low. I figured - jobs come and jobs go . . . especially with a mood disorder. So I recommend that strategy to you.

You've been trying to maintain a certain standard of living that you feel is where you belong. If you grew up in a middle-class environment, it can feel tough to go live in a poor neighborhood. So you have to revisit your thought process that led you to getting this apartment. You probably ruled out low rent places, as being unsuitable. Time to get realistic. There is a price for everything. If you want to be independent of your folks, you've got to figure out what is sustainable.

That initial cost does make moving to a different apartment quite a challenge. I'm not sure how you can work around that. Going back with the folks for a few months might let you get the money together.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote