View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default May 10, 2019 at 06:35 PM

This is about a friend. I wrote about her before. She has a boss that hates her or rather, every single thing she does, makes him unhappy. But I think it wouldn't bother most people.

So tonight, a Friday night (before mothers day), at 4 PM... he called her into his office and told her to "have a seat" and, when she did he said, "he was thinking about making a change." So she said, what change? And he said you should talk with your "manager about that" (it is a strange structure where her boss has all the power but in name he doesn't -- so she has to talk to her "in name only" boss). Her in name only boss is not in today. She got upset as it was the weekend and said, "am I being fired?" He goes speak to your manager about that. She started to say but she isn't in... and(she was going to say) it isn't fair to leave her hanging all weekend -- he got upset with her and said, I will do what I want.

Ok, I am pretty sure this is it.

I am sorry for her but
1. it isn't as bad as it seems. She gets paid at the same pay rate no matter what job they make her do for two years. Usually by that time they move them into another position.
2. There is no way they are actually firing her. But she will be moved to another position.
3. She unfortunately brought it on herself -- yelling -- at someone on the bosses staff.
4. Ultimately I think it is the best thing for her.. she just can't see that.
5. I have been telling her for 5 years to get out and get another job in the office even if she has to make less for a few years, but she refused.

But I HATE HIM.
1. He is so arrogant. He thinks he is a god -- I HATE that someone like that can make the people who are not on his "level" suffer.
2. To use a Game of Thrones analogy, I always wanted to be Denaryas Stormborn and I am just one of the nameless minions crushed by the wheel. I hate that he gets away with it.
3. Every 8 years there is a committee put together to determine if he should keep his job. I am debating sending in a complaint... I can't really complain about this because it is second hand, but he has a public record and I could monitor it and point out all the snarky remarks. (but they would know it comes from someone who works there). I was thinking of getting all my friends friends together to make more than one submission. People should know!!
4. I know the next person will be a zillion times worse. They won't get trained right my friend has 20 years of experience. But he will probably never admit that.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna