View Single Post
Anonymous45521
Anonymous45521 has no updates. Edit

Default May 11, 2019 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_tired View Post
I'm learning that diets just aren't working for me, and actually causing me to binge & purge more. I do need to watch what I eat but I've decided not to diet anymore.
Interesting since this post was done.

1. I had my RMR tested again. In 2015 (after the liquid diet) it was 1250, in 2018 it was 1590 and now, it was 1750. This is all at the same body weight. So you see the calculators could have been way off. I don't discount that this also could be off, but it gives me an idea that my RMR has increased substantially.

2. For over 10 years I have had low blood pressure and low heart rate. My doctor was stumped. Guess what? After over a year of giving my body a diet break... my BP has risen and my heart rate has risen. Don't worry both are still normal. What does that mean? To me it means my entire metabolic system was reduced when I was dieting, EVEN IF I WASN"T DIETING ALL THE TIME. I can tell you I feel so much better. More energy... just general well being. I suspect this extends to thyroid hormone as well. I used to be cold all the time... no more.

3. I have determined that I burn off more calories when I am NOT dieting, naturally. Simply because your body becomes less efficient. Higher heart rate more work around the body.

Example: RMR of 1200. Multiplied by 1.2 (calculation for exercise that you do every day). TDEE: 1440. RMR of 1600 multiplied by 1.2 = 1920. 240 calories vrs 320 calories. Add exercise to that... say at RMR of 1200 I burned 70 calories walking for 30 minutes; now I burn 100 calories walking for 30 minutes. Everything I do burns more calories the higher my RMR.

4. I am reducing my calories a little about 100 under my RMR. But this has basically stopped my binging. One you are full... you will not desire to binge.

5. I am lifting weights. I purchased a "total gym" and I find that I really like it. I have always been one of those people who felt that exercise DIDN"T make them feel better. But guess what... What if, when your metabolism is suppressed your body says *hey cut it out I have no more energy* and you feel horrible. But when you have appropriate food and blood pressure you finally find yourself feeling good after a work out.

I havne't lost any weight at all. However, I haven't gained. It has been said that lifting weights has you gain about 3 to 8 lbs. So I feel like I can't expect any weight loss for about 8 to 9 months. So I am not looking at the scale until then.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Rohag