View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default May 12, 2019 at 12:47 AM

If it is a Mon-Fri job, have you thought about a weekends only job? When I had a M-F job, I also had nothing left energy wise in the evening. Due to my own issues with job insecurity, I have three part time jobs (though one is just temporary with work in the Springtime). The one that I occassionally do on the weekends is a security job at NFL games and concerts. The company paid for my security guard training (unarmed type of course since I also may have mental health struggles). Though they encourage us to sign up for the major events, they don't make us sign up for everything. I usually just work two days a month, either Saturday or Sunday. It is a job that doesn't require much concentration for me compared to my other two jobs. I am familiar with the area you live in and know there are a lot of sporting events. At the NFL games here, some of the bartenders make good money in tips.

My other two jobs are done on the computer at home and only require a bachelor's degree but do require a lot of concentration so your medication could make it a challenge to do these jobs while working a full time job. I have noticed that the medications which calm me down interfere with my concentration. It is a real dilema. I try to cope with it by taking them after I am finished. I plan on discussing the concentration issues with my Psych doc. Have you done this?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote