View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default May 15, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Why is it that people expect me to be responsible for both my own behavior and theirs? Why do people feel entitled to foist their responsibilities onto me?

It's one thing if I went out of my way to deliberately act badly toward other people - that is definitely my fault and my responsibility. The problem is when people are outraged to the point of violence in response to me simply living my life by myself. Everyone expects me to stop acting entirely to satisfy some "responsibility" to not offend them. It's literally not safe for me to go out and do simple chores because literally any action can provoke people to outrage and violence. They fully expect me to micro-manage their own emotions for them, all the while absolutely refusing to exercise one iota of control over themselves. Why do people (all people, randomly chosen - not just a subgroup of abusers) do this?

It is completely immoral to force me to modify my actions that do not harm anyone simply because people can't control their emotions - especially when they demand *I* control my emotions to the point of strangulation at all times.

Hugs from:
Miss P, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Miss P