View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 15, 2019 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2019 View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong. I appreciate the opinion and advice truly. I just was trying to convey that the sexual thematics in my childhood were more inappropriate rather than abuse. Lol.

I'm a video gamer, I tinker with my car, I love going to the movies and listen to music when driving. Keeping myself busy definitely lessens the load.

However, this recent event has been harder to overcome. The anxiety comes and goes and so don't relative thoughts along with it.

Some days are better than others. But if I have the thoughts or anything triggering. I end up caught in a ruminating cycle.

My wife and I are on the same page all the time. We've been together for 3 years and just had a baby. Everything was great until 30 days ago. Now I'm trying to recover
Well, I would say if things were good before then things can be good again. 30 days...you're likely still in shock at this point. I'd say be kind and patient with yourself and this trauma will hopefully fade in time. Do you meditate? There are plenty of wonderful guided meditations on YouTube. It can really help with anxiety and troubling thoughts. I also recommend dialing back the video games....the screen time and neural stimulation can actually have some negative effects and may even increase anxiety or obsessive thinking. You can try going without for a while and see if it helps. No judgment here...my own unhappy thoughts are torturing me today. I wish you peace!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
GSC2019