Thread: 3 sessions in
View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default May 15, 2019 at 05:09 PM

This is awesome. You can tell her that you are having diagnosis anxiety ("What Am I?") and at least, for an understanding of where things stand.

I can tell you that I have confused a lot of professionals in the past because I kept pretending like everything was fine and smiling through pain. I can also tell you that it has been a long process of things being "revealed" to myself and it is totally normal to feel confused, in denial, unsure. Now...with even the tiniest inkling of DID on the table and a new therapy team...I can tell that they are proceeding with much caution, so as to not give me yet another diagnosis, and to move in a safe and slow fashion. At the same time though, I have the right to know, as something like DID might be medicated differently than Bipolar 2 or not medicated at all. This annoys my clipboard carrying "person" who wants all things to be logical, timely and done in a 1.2.3. fashion. But, I understand now that it will take time, for them and me, to weed out what is what.

I can't tell you what to write or say or surmise from your session...but I think it is very powerful for you to walk in with a place to start. This way when fear and anxiety and all of that stuff pops up (and we lose our hearing, panic) then you will have stated your thoughts and feelings on the matter.

Also--there is a wide spectrum of how some conditions can manifest themselves....especially where dissociation is concerned. Try not to be too attached, at this very moment, what set of letters belong to you. It will likely be a fluid process of discovery...and there is no benefit in tagging it as this or that, yet.

FearLess47

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, Rive1976