View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2019 at 04:24 PM

I have had a lot of stress lately and notice my self-care has decreased. What do you do to apply self-care?

I pride myself on being physically pretty healthy...then a month or so ago I got a cold or flu...or something terrible going around...was really sick for a whole weekend...then ended up with severe bronchitis which I cannot shake.

The bronchitis has caused me to not keep up with housework and the like and everything is a mess. I live alone. My frig is often empty of food because I don't have the energy to shop. On top of it I am going on a long trip next week and feel like crap. I feel like I will need to request a wheelchair at the airport I am so weak!! Just getting to the airport will be an ordeal...two early morning bus rides including a shuttle.

So. Self-care. For me it is...coming on here and venting! I try to eat well and am vegetarian. Always have a good book on hand for distraction.

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, or eat junk food. Does a veggie sandwich at Subway count as junk food? When stressed I do tend to over-eat. If one can overeat salads and cottage cheese. My one real weakness is pasta. It's my comfort food.

My sleep is disturbed because of coughing, coughing, coughing. Last night I had some honey before going to bed and it helped.

I live alone and am socially isolated (pretty much) and get anxious and I will admit I call my local Crisis Hotline to check in. Sometimes I get someone really good...other times it is just not helpful. I called last night because I felt really anxious...but the call wasn't helpful.

Hot baths. Yoga. Journaling. Freelance writing. Walks. The library. It's not enough. Any suggestions? Yes...I am asking for suggestions. (And yes, am drinking a lot of hot tea for the coughing fits.)

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, Goforward