Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 17, 2019 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
One thing I did a few years back was always get dressed to the shoes. If I stay in the comfy clothes and slippers its very hard not to binge watch or be productive. My morning routine is self care. People wake up in my house at different times. Husband at 515, daughter at 6, when the other two were home they would be up at 530 as well. Due to sleep issues I instituted sleep training for myself which involves waking up at the same time everyday. So I chose 4 am and I love it. I can leisurely fool around on PC and my other forum and have my coffee (god bless programmable coffee pots!), read the news, check my apps and no one is asking for something. My husband and I tend to have our most meaningful and necessary convos in the morning and sometimes when the subject is uncomfortable-like about financial stuff- he just jumps in with the conversation and I feel like I didnt see it coming. I love our talks but I need my time to be ready. And If you wake up during my me time-watch out, I hate that. I also take frequent breaks whenever I am doing tasks like I hate. It makes it easier to do things in smaller chunks. What I most recently did was get a massage and join their monthly massage program. The Hand and stone is around the corner from me and financially it was a deal to join and have that hour of bliss, rather than coming in here and there and paying the full rate. I have never done something so extravagant or luxurious before. But I felt so good after the one I had a few weeks ago that I see it as the same price as a therapy session and I got a hell of a lot more out of the hour I spent.

Yeah, I think it is easier with family around.

Maybe it takes special dedication when living alone. I was doing okay but then with a lot of stress and getting sick...I just can't keep up.

Still, I think a routine would help. I also like "getting dressed to shoes." Haha. It's really true. I use the shoes trick. Sometimes they are the first things I put on...just because, yes, slippers say...comfy...cozy...I might as well stay in my robe as well. Right now I am in my robe and cowgirl boots!

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote