View Single Post
Shoe

Member Since Aug 2009
34 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2019 at 12:24 PM

I have been a little reluctant to add anything to this thread because I know that there are different degrees of psychosis and one size does not fit all. I was never really plagued with constant audio hallucinations, but I still went thru a half dozen major psychotic episodes when I was in my 20's accompanied with delusions and other weird *****.

I got more better when I was 30/31 and was OK for the next 20 years. Then around a month after the 9/11 thing I went thru another mild episode. Because I recognized some of the same signs and symptoms I was able to get thru the ruff part in about 3 weeks without any head meds. Actually, it has probably been over 35 years since I last had to take any anti-psychotics, but there were definite times when I needed to take them in the past.

I don't mean to be tooting my own horn, but I think reading and self analysis in between episodes and later on, really help me understand what I went thru and why. Luck in being able to establish a meaningful romantic relationship when I was 30/31 also I had a lot to do with my recovery I believe.
Shoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Slater

Thanks for this!
FearLess47