View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 17, 2019 at 08:46 PM

You're not an awful person. You're learning. You make mistakes. OMG, you're a gosh darn human!

I've been put on ignore by so many people and had so many people on ignore in the past. Even people I'm "friends" with (as friends as you can be on an anonymous forum). Sometimes my disorder is winning and I mistrust everyone and am offended by everyone. Sometimes you couldn't hurt me if you hit me with a brick.

The only thing I wish was that we could know before we spend an hour crafting a thoughtful, heartfelt reply to someone we'd like to help...and then get the "you can't respond you're on ignore" screen. I'm more irritated that I spent all this time thinking about their situation and some supportive feedback than that they actually don't want my message. Oh well.

Definitely some of the things you've posted have hit a nerve with me, but that's because of ME, not you. And when someone puts me on ignore, I know it's about them and not me. Some people just don't mesh well.

What has helped me not take it personally is to remember that at times I've needed to block people too, to give myself some space. And that was about me, not them. So I know too that if someone blocks me, then it's about them, and what they need for themselves, not me and what I need. So maybe next time you see you're "ignored" try to remember that it's about what they need for themselves, and not about you, and that will help you not take it personally.

However, it's also not wrong to take it personally. It hurts to have a door slammed in your face, even under the circumstances we're describing. So it's okay to say "it hurts my feelings a bit, but I understand, and I will recover." You don't have to deny that it makes you feel bad. It's sort of natural that initially you might feel hurt, then that feeling would hopefully fade.

Hope this helps. There is no right or wrong. There is just what is.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, sarahsweets

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, sarahsweets