View Single Post
speckofdust
Grand Member

Member Since May 2016
296 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 07:03 AM

I started weekly hypnotherapy sessions (they've been lasting 90 minutes each) for about 5 weeks. I didn't have any expectations going in, because I've never personally known anyone who did it. I am inherently a skeptical person - especially with regards to things I don't fully understand.

I have found the sessions themselves to be insightful, relaxing, and positive. I have felt over the past few weeks that a sliver of light is breaking through a dark veil of depression that has shrouded me for many months. I am still not willing to say that the positive changes I've noticed are fully attributable to the hypnotherapy, but I'm going with that for now. At least I'm feeling some long awaited and much desired hope, in small increments.

I've been trying a lot of ways to supplement my talk therapy sessions to help with the rut I've been in. I seem to be resistant to most depression treatments - prescription meds, TMS, and EMDR. I have learned soooooo much in hypnotherapy, and it has been a great add on to talk therapy. I use what I learn from each as complementary treatments.

My talk therapist recommended my hypnotherapist. Perhaps yours knows of someone? I would recommend finding someone who has a lot of training. Mine has her certification from the Hypnotherapy Academy of America and is a CMS-CHT, FIBH (CMS= Certified Medical Support Clinical Hypnotherapist. CHT= Certified Hypnotherapist. FIBH= Fellow of the International Board of Hypnotherapy). She has about 600 hours of training.

Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. - Dennis DeYoung

"It is possible to turn poison into medicine." ~ Tina Turner

Remember we're all in this alone. ~ Lily Tomlin
speckofdust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TunedOut