View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2019 at 06:24 AM

With my T, one thing is his just sort of chatting with me about things. Not personal disclosure stuff so much, but just chatting about, say, a particular movie or song. He said at one point early on in seeing me how sometimes with clients he's been seeing for a longer time and is familiar with, he briefly forgets that they're talking as T--client and will find himself just chatting with them, then he'll catch himself. I feel that's what he's doing with me, because I've now been seeing him a year and a half, and he didn't really do that in the first, say, 6 months or so. Joking with me. Getting more of a sense that he seems genuinely sad if I tell him, say, that a friend was struggling or that my D said that kids in her class were being mean to her. And me often having to be the one who notes that we're out of time, though he's said before that he's not good at keeping time. Maybe a better example is him seeming surprised that we're out of time, like it went quickly to him as well. Letting me go a couple minutes over. Oh, and I guess his being willing to reduce my rate because insurance is paying me less now. So, lots of things.

With ex-MC, he'd let us go like 20 minutes over sometimes. But one of the biggest things for me that suggested countertransference was his allowing me to contact him individually outside of session. That he'd allow emails and, particularly, occasional phone calls, lasting up to 45 minutes, with no charge (current T charges for phone calls and long emails). Also his teasing me and joking with me--including if it was when I wasn't with H (like on the phone or if I saw him in the waiting room while I was there for ex-T or ex-p-doc.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Merope