precaryous
Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 25, 2019 at 08:50 PM

Hi Rachelle,

I have been in a similar situation with a mental health professional so, maybe I am projecting my experience onto yours. I hate to see this happening to you.

My experience was- we were never able to go back to MH professional and client after the intimacies (and before I realized how harmful they were to me). We tried to return to psychotherapy and the issues that brought me to see him in the first place- but sessions became all about my anxiety, confusion when the intimacies abruptly stopped and his not explaining...he was never able to be helpful as my therapist again. He was so frustrated I would not let it go...but I was confused! He was so frustrated, he lied and made devastating comments and allegations about me. He convinced his receptionist I was unstable- dangerous, even. So I do relate to your story quite a bit.

Maybe you will be able to quiet your transference/attachment feelings toward him. But what will you do if he initiates hugs, kisses and more? Will you be afraid to refuse him? Will you welcome them? I fear his exploitation will hurt you even more.

What if he does terminate you? You would need to seek the help of another doctor about your chronic health condition anyway.

Are you willing to let him have this much power over you?
How much is he hurting you vs. how much is he helping you?

Is he helping you with the issues that brought you to treatment? He’s certainly given you more issues and problems to deal with.

I’m sorry you are seeing such an unethical doctor. Is he old..could he have dementia?
Knowing what I know now, I would run, not walk away from this unhealthy relationship.

Please, seek the help of an ethical female therapist who can help you unravel all of this.
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote