Thread: Anguish
View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2019 at 10:21 AM

I've just retired and am moving several hundred miles away in 2 weeks time. I lived in my current house for 20 years but (a) can't afford it without working (b) want to live in a smaller place rather than a city for social reasons.

So yeah, I've had 3 weeks of sifting through old memories and ridding myself of an awful lot of stuff. I'm unexpectedly going into rental because a house purchase fell through.

The 3 weeks have been heavy going. I had 7 huge rubbish bags full just with shredded letters, payslips and tax documents. I've made some good plans socially - joined a Facebook group that I like in the areas that I'm moving to - but I also contracted a virus and hit the worst physical exhaustion which lasted for about 2 months.

Finally out of chaos, I feel like it is possible!!! I will actually manage to fit my life going forward into a small van which will contain all the things that I want to take with me. No more suits!!!

There is a lot of emotional processing to wade through but hope that you can find support for that here.
Saidso

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, here today, IowaFarmGal