View Single Post
princesuxx
Newly Joined

Member Since May 2019
Arrow May 30, 2019 at 08:16 PM

Hi, I'm new here and I joined to look for some additional help.

I'm 21 years old, and I've been taking Paroxetine 20mg (cut in half, daily), since I was 13. I've been medicated for the wrong reasons, I had anxiety and I was scared to go to school, my stomach would always hurt when I went. Obviously, this was something that should have been treated with psychotherapy.

I've been taking it daily since then. Like a year ago I went to my lifetime psychiatrist to finally stop taking it, and he gave me like a guide to leave it slowly by changing the time I'd take it.

I've been always scared of withdrawal symptoms.

I'm now taking 1/4 (a quarter) of 20mg paroxetine every 48 hours. I'm still experiencing anxiety but I started CBT about a month ago to work on my anxiety.

A psychiatrist told me about a month ago that I should stop taking it abruptly, since the dose is very very low, but I'm still scared to do it, I don't know myself without paroxetine, basically.

I need to hear some other professionals, opinion: should I stop taking it forever if I'm now taking a quarter every 48 hours? Would I experience withdrawal symptoms?

Thank you so much in advance,.
princesuxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks, still_crazy