View Single Post
tiredofbeintired
tiredofbeintired has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Jun 04, 2019 at 06:46 AM

I believe I have always suffered from depression and anxiety issues but the last 16 years have been bad. I am a 46 year old male. I have seen multiple doctors, therapists etc. I have tried many, many different medications and nothing worked. I have a what I call deep depression "episodes" whereas I can't get out of bed for 3-4 days at a time because I am so down. It has effected my career and my family life as well as my health. Finally somebody suggested TMS to me. I was worried about the cost since insurance only partially covers the bill. I was worried about the lack of testimonials from people who had gone through the treatment. But like I said nothing else worked. The treatments takes a bit to get used to since it feels like a woodpecker is knocking at your temple but you eventually build up a tolerance to it. The only side effects are slight headaches and for me some nausea which they told me that they have never seen a patient get a upset stomach from the treatments, lucky me. The treatments are uncomfortable until you get used to them but they only last 20-30 minutes. I am now on week 5 and maybe its the placebo effect but I have noticed slight changes. I have not had any deep depression episodes since about week two. I am trying to tapper off Latuda and the withdrawals are horrible. Usually when I am tapering off a med I get sick and very depressed but this time while I am going through the TMS at the same time I am keeping a good attitude even with the withdrawals. I still have anxiety issues but they just recently adding protocols to my TMS to treat this. Sorry this post is so long but I wanted to give others who are suffering like I have an idea of TMS. I will update my posts as I go through the treatments.
tiredofbeintired is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks