Thread: TCM
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 07, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckofdust View Post
I tried to find an existing thread regarding Traditional Chinese Medicine, but I couldn't find anything...

Is anyone interested in sharing experiences with TCM? What herbal combinations have you tried? Did you find the herbal concoctions helpful? Did you pair TCM with anything else like acupuncture, cupping, etc.?

I just started (two days ago) taking a combination of herbs that my acupuncturist created for me, and I'm interested in learning more about it, and finding out what other's experiences have been/are with TCM and/or acupuncture (especially for chronic pain) and other "non-traditional" treatments.

My new "cocktail" includes Gui Zhi, Zhi Gan Cao, Sheng Jiang, plus 12 others.

PS - I was "diagnosed" with a Qi deficiency.

My TCM doc is wonderful. We did some herbs a while ago but only short-term. I don't recall the name. i have an issue with some Chinese herbs because many (not all) include some potentially harmful ingredients. Though obviously plenty of Western meds do too....I don't take those either. However, acupuncture has greatly improved my health and I'm still continuing it. I tried cupping once. I didn't like it and won't try again.

I rarely discuss my TCM experiences because people either mock me as believing in "witchcraft" or get angry with me because they feel threatened by holistic care for some reason.

Thank you for sharing
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
speckofdust