Thread: Going to Sleep
View Single Post
AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2017
374 hugs
given
Default Jun 07, 2019 at 10:25 PM

You need to change your environment and make sleeping pleasurable, because otherwise any will-based (self-discipline-based) measures will be short-lived and ultimately fail.

What can make sleeping pleasurable for you? Say, I listen to audiobooks when I am falling asleep. I sleep on a silk fitted sheet, have silk pillows and silk pillowcases (when I can afford it, I will buy a silk comforter), and they are very pleasant and cool to the touch. I have this bottle https://www.amazon.com/Empty-Amber-G...dp/B01G98Y1BA/ that comes with labels for hand-labeling - I dilute lavender essential oil in water and spray my silk bedding before I go to bed, and I hand-wrote "Nighttime spray" on the label in my best hand writing, so I like seeing my handwriting (I was a messy hand writer as a kid, worked on developing a pleasant handwriting as an adult, and now enjoy seeing how I handwrite).

I in no way suggest that you replicate my habits, but just that the way to sleeping regularly is by being hedonistic about it - as opposed to, well, punitive. Spend some time figuring out what it is that will make sleeping something that you look forward to. Say, I look forward to audiobooks and the smell of lavender. Again, do not want to impose specific advice on you, but suggest the general methodology instead.

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird