View Single Post
Lilfae

Member Since May 2018
143 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2019 at 02:07 PM

Interesting thread!

Does the book say that people tend to do just one of these things? I think it sounds strange to think of it as types. I think I do all of them from time to time. Fighting is not very often, but I can do it if it's not just for me, but for somebody else as well.

But flight, is that only meant physically? In therapy this week my therapist talked about the window of tolerance (not sure of the word in English), and that when I fall down beneath it, I am often dissociating, which means I've fled the situation, mentally. But if so, fleeing and freezing can actually be the same thing. Or am I getting it all wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmina View Post
Feign (death) - pretend to be a corpse, this may be a final tactic to having been seen/caught (eg after freezing, flighting, flying etc haven't worked) - you are trying to feign not being a target or a threat by 'going limp' (only works if the hunter doesn't like to scavenge or play with their food) - I have done this loads
Do you experience feigning as something different than freezing? I would have thought it was the same.

~Kyle Stephens
Lilfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote