missbella has no updates.

10 yr Member
814 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 12, 2019 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xynesthesia2 View Post
I was googling what's out there publicly about the podcast right now and there are plenty of hits but they aren't very meaningful articles, basically just describing and advertising it mostly. I found a reply on Joe Nocera's Twitter saying "And STILL (apparently) no comment from @nyulangone, despite numerous red flags in the form of a lengthy OPMC investigation and Dr Herschkopf's decision to leave the APA's local and state chapters." But, considering the short time since the podcast has come out, I think it receives quite a lot of publicity. I do believe more serious interrogations take time.

I am very interested in this now, in part because I have colleagues in the Psychiatry area at NYU. Might just ask around myself (but will finish listening to the series first).

Yes, NYC is an auspicious institution to have a kook doctor on its roster. I know they can't cut him loose without due process, but this has to have caused buzz. The patient, Marty and witnesses have plenty of evidence. Worse is how the New York Office of Professional Medical Conduct seems to have file drawered the complaint.
missbella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, Xynesthesia2