Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default Jun 12, 2019 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feileacan View Post
I know that people have differing opinion about this but for me it seems quite likely that this ambivalence is the manifestation of a real problem - one that you just did not know about when you started therapy. And these problems that you listed when you started therapy are just superficial problems that are far less important than this ambivalence that has come up.

It seems that this ambivalence has many facets: it's related to wanting something for yourself and feeling that you don't deserve it, it's related to the difficulties related to being vulnerable and needy, it's related to difficulties of not being in control etc. To me this looks like a manifestation of a fundamental issue and no wonder that it just comes up again and again and again. These are the things that therapy really is for. Solving these kinds of problems cannot be manualized, prescribed, neatly described - it's a hard and dirty work between the two people involved. I'm not sure I have anything else to say.
Feileacan, I’m not sure if you’ll see this but for whatever it’s worth I was all set not to go to my therapy appointment today until I saw this post of yours when I woke up this morning. It hit a nerve and prompted me to go. I’m so glad I did. So thanks for that.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote