View Single Post
tevelygo

Member Since Feb 2018
26 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2019 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Yes, I have had a lot of trouble with my memory, but through journaling and other techniques I have regained a lot of memories that I had pushed away. I know this isn't possible for everyone. There's a lot that I just don't remember though. Then there are distinctly things that I do.

Regarding chronic fatigue, YES. I've struggled with this for a long time. I'm sure you struggle with insomnia or some form of sleep disorder (most of us with cPTSD have some trouble with sleep), so the chronic fatigue isn't just from the immense amount of adrenaline we are always pumping, but also from the utter lack of real rest that we get.

I practice super vigilant sleep hygiene and also have been very strict with my diet and physical activity to try and gain control over chronic fatigue. I've managed to build up my stamina over time, but there are days when I can't overcome the fatigue. I also suffer from sleep paralysis and other symptoms that point to narcolepsy, although I have yet to do the sleep study. I'm sort of refraining because I'm not interested in the medications for narcolepsy and I've been using the holistic management programs I've read about (including sleep hygiene, diet management, and physical activity - not working out, just activity) to try and manage my sleep cycles and improve my sleep quality as well as manage excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS).

It sort of sucks that I have to manage my diet so closely and cut so much "fun" stuff out, but I'd rather enjoy my existence and not feel like I'm asleep all the time than have fried chicken.

Every one experiences these symptoms in different ways and our "systems", I mean our bodies, all respond differently, so what has helped me may not help you. I assure what I used to experience was very severe and it has taken years to get these improvements, so it's not just like I flipped a switch and figured it out. I think sometimes it sounds like I just decided to change things and it worked. I've struggled with this for years, and sometimes it still doesn't work but mostly it does.

I know there are meds you can take but I have problems with medications so I try to avoid them at all costs.

Hope this helps! Happy to answer any specific questions on what I do.

Seesaw

Did the narcolepsy start after you started working harder?

Just because whenever I try to work full time I get too bad symptoms (EXTREME) and so I think it would really jeopardise my health severely if I kept pushing that

I had to give it up once already last year because of that and I'm having to again

I so ****ing hate to wait wait wait like forever (already long years) but my other option is kill myself or maim myself permanently (with permanent physical problems) if trying too hard ???
tevelygo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueberry21, happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
Blueberry21, happysobercrafter