Thread: Diagnosis
View Single Post
Anonymous43918

Default Jun 22, 2019 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum801 View Post
I am interested in this post. I am currently taking Zyprexa and Abilify (as for the antipsychotics I take (I take antidepressants, too)) but was wondering if clozapine would help me more. I don't know. I am SZA and currently suffering from a lot of symptoms of irrational thinking, etc. I don't know if clozapine would help me more than my current meds. I am also taking four different medications. Effexor, Remeron, Zyprexa, and Abilify. Anyway, I thought I'd respond to this post. If anyone knows more about clozapine, it'd be nice if you could let me know your experience with it.
I have a love/hate relationship with clozapine. It's considered the most effective antipsychotic out there, but you have to get frequent blood work because one of the potential but extremely rare but dangerous side effects is a lowering of your white blood cells. It worked really well for me as in completely got rid of all my psychotic symptoms, but I gained a lot of weight on it and eventually I quit taking it because the pharmacy ****ed up and I was too paranoid to begin taking it again and switched to Zyprexa. It also was not practical for me (who can't consistently drive to the pharmacy) to get blood work every week and go to the pharmacy the next day, so that's another reason I didn't go back on it. It made me sleep a lot too, but no more than Zyprexa.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus